27 April 2009

A Wildlife park and London

Last week was pretty much uneventful. Work was a bit hectic though, and tempers were flaring (mostly mine). Somehow I am not able to deal with moronic people around me. I cannot believe that some people can be so dumb that they cannot realise what others are doing. Some people just lie to go ahead, and some people hide stuff. I suppose I should start dealing with it instead of getting irritated. Only problem is I don't know how to deal with it.

Friday night a bunch of us got together and we were just talking generally. And I realized again that I do not like talking about myself. At all. If some one asks me a question, I would not know what to say. They would mostly get 2 words. Or at most 10. Sad. I think I write better than I talk. We actually sat up till 2 talking! I don't even remember most of the things that were said (mostly since I was so sleepy).

Saturday we went to a wildlife park. Which was nice. Lots of animals and weird looking birds. I wanted to take pictures of an owl (which had a heart shaped face! ), and whenever I switched on my camera and tried to take a snap, it would turn. It happened 3 times. Then I went near the cage and was just about to click. And the owl just screeched towards me! And it perched itself right were my camera was! Scary! I almost dropped my camera right there! I jumped back and saw that all my friends were laughing at me. Nice. And they said that the owl was camera shy, it didn't want its picture taken, and that because I was insisting on taking that snap, it decided to teach me a lesson. Lesson learnt.

Was really tired on Saturday, but on Sunday there was the London marathon. And we were invited to join and cheer there. And we really wanted to go. So we did. It was exciting. There was a huge crowd, with people cheering for their family and friends. But what I liked most was the spirit of the people there. They were not just cheering for the people they know, they were cheering and motivating the runners who they didn't know. The runners too were responding by waving or smiling. I cannot understand how someone can run so much. 35000 people actually finished the race of 26 miles! Crazy it is! And they are all running for a cause, which is even more awesome.

I want to run a marathon now. Have already started reading on how I can train myself and everything. But I cannot really say if I will finally do it. But I really, really want to. Will start small, and finish big hopefully. Should start once I get back to India. I hope I find someone who is willing to run with me, else I don't know if I would run.

After spending 1 hour seeing the people run, we decided to eat something, and go to the museums. By the time we reached the Science museum, we were really hungry. We spent about 45 minutes trying to find a place to eat. Finally found subway! Yay! Had yummy sandwiches and was totally satisfied. Saw the science museum, which is really, really huge. In case you are seeing it, I would recommend you to directly go to the third floor and see the Launchpad. It is this place where you can get a hands on experience on everything (energy, lights, shadows, and so many things) There was so much to see that in 2 hours, we just managed 2 floors. Could not even see the other 3 floors! With what I saw - there were rockets, living in space, energy, trains, flights, something about the future, health, psychology and lots more! Unfortunately, the museum closes at 5:30, so we had to leave.

Since we didnt have anything else to do, we went to Hyde park. It huge. And green. With lots of trees. There's also a lake there. With ducks swimming in it. The ducks come so close to people hoping that we give them a treat (we didnt have any though). Also lots of pigeons. Who are not scared of humans. Who also come very close to people. Which scares me. I am scared of birds flying near my face. Freaks me out. Saw lots of people skating around, and I also wanted to skate! Did not happen though!

So it was a nice weekend. Totally satisfied. But I am so tired that all I want to do is sleep. Have to work now though.

2 comments:

Abhinav said...

Good weekend indeed.
Stop thinking abt ppl at work .. they will also be there .. treat them as they treat others .. they will be very happy with you :)

Freeze said...

Yeah, I need to do that.

treat them as they treat others? hehe.. nice. :)