05 April 2009

Interviews

I completely forgot to blog about it - I took two interviews last week! How cool is that!? It was a phone interview. My Tech Lead and I took it. The best part? The people who we interviewed were those who had more than 4 years of experience, and I knew more than them! It was such a high when it got over! I could not stop smiling! 

The place where they got stuck is when we started asking questions from their resume. One said that he has worked on ftp and sftp, and when we asked him the difference between the two, he could not answer! Similarly on other stuff as well. Atleast if they are writing something there,  they should read it up before the interview. They would not end up looking so dumb. What is the need to lie? If you want to lie, atleast know something about it!

One guy could not even explain the project he worked on. Whatever we asked about it, he had the same answer! And both of us didn't understand what he was saying! 

I have another interview to take on Monday( I know, wow!). I'm so proud of myself! :D

5 comments:

Abhinav said...

he he .. interviews are so much fun ... it has happened many times when i took interviews .. atleast know what you have written :)

Have fun in coming interviews :)

Freeze said...

I never expected them to be fun, though! hehe..

Abhinav said...

Yea the interviews are so much fun it just depends on which side of the table you are on :P

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!

In my 4.5 yrs long career, I have never taken a single interview :(

Knowing what you write in your resume is such a basic thing but most people don't do it. They exaggerate and set themselves up for a massive FAIL!

Freeze said...

Abhinav, I totally agree! :)

Raj! The fact that you have not taken an interview makes me wanna brag about it some more. But I won't. Hehe... Man, it is gonna be so long when you would get to take your interview! (Don't hate me, but I could not help it!)