20 April 2009

London , and other things.

It has been a week since I reached UK, and nothing seems new. I am working in the same office, with the same people, and I also know the person who is staying in my apartment. In a way it is nice, and in a way it is not nice.

This time the place that I am staying is pretty good. There are stores nearby, and I can atleast see people walking around. 

Had been to London on Saturday! We reached London around 10 in the morning, and left by 10pm! It was a long, long day! But it was nice and sunny, so it was all good! Saw Tower Bridge and London Bridge. Had coffee in Starbucks (Yum!!). Went to the Imperial war museum. Went to Trafaulgur (spelling?) Square. There was some music concert going on here. Entry was free! Hanged around there for 20 minutes. Had lunch in McD. Then we went to Buckingham Palace. Walked through the park to reach Downing street. Saw some men standing guard there. (For some reason, this is a tourist attraction!). Saw Big Ben, Westminster, London eye. Went to a restaurant in EastHam and had dinner. And then got back. 

Except the museum, I had already been to the other places before. But still, the day was good. I was so tired when I reached back! We literally walked almost the whole day! 

I like London. I liked it before and I liked it this time. I especially like the parks, and the greenery, and the walk from Tower Bridge to London Bridge next to the water. 

Today (it's Sunday evening when I am writing this, but it would be monday when I publish it) I just woke up late, had breakfast. Then I started sneezing. And I didn't stop. And now I have a cold. A very bad one. My nose is literally dripping. I know, gross! I just had a crocin and slept for half an hour. We had plans to go out in the evening. I told NS (the girl in my apartment) to wake me up if we are going out. I said I would be up in half an hour, and I was. But when I woke up, I saw that they have left. I was irritated initially, since there is no way I can contact them as they dont have a mobile number. But now, I am glad that they left me alone to myself. Cannot be with someone 24/7. It is even more annoying since I work with NS. And all NS can do is bitch about my team mates. I mean, you can do it once, twice. But not constantly. Everytime we talk, she will have some complaint about someone and she will not stop! Gosh, I do not know how to stop her! Even if I don't respond, she would not care, and she would continue. 

Oh well. Can't do much. I now plan to watch a movie, and then either read a book or play a game that I have installed in my laptop. Cannot go online unfortunately since these morons have decided not to give us internet in our apartments. I miss being online and browsing. I miss filter coffee. That's it. 

--

Just after I finished writing the above I decided to heat and eat a muffin. So I went to the kitchen and put the muffin in the microwave. And then, NS comes out of her room. So they had not gone anywhere. She was sleeping! Ha! So unexpected that was!! So I told her that I thought that you guys had left, and she said, "How could we leave without you!" 

So later we went to another colleague's house and sat there and yapped for a while. Then we got to know that there was a park nearby, so we decided to go there for a walk. And since it was nice and sunny as well, it was nice. There were a lot of kids playing, and their parents were sitting and watching them. It was a huge place though! And so many trees and open spaces and full of greenery. Refreshing. It is sad that such places are not there in Bangalore. Even if there is some park, there would be so many people there, that it would not be refreshing anymore. We would have to fight for some place to sit! But, of course, that cannot be helped. 

Got back, made dinner. And now I am just sitting. I'm too full. 

I had read a book called The Notebook in the airport and on the flight. My sister had said it is such a great book and all that. And I believed it. But it sucked so much, that I was literally pissed of half way through! Then I called up my sis and asked her how she liked such a book, and she tells me "Ha! Ha! I made you read it!" Damn! How annoying that was! 

4 comments:

Abhinav said...

Starbucks (Yum!!) .. really??
I miss the good 'ol CCD.
I hope ur fren NS is not a follower of ur blog :P
I understand what u felt on reading that book .. someone recommended me movie Knowing and i felt like punching someone after watching it .. he he :)

Freeze said...

Yeah CCD is good too. But the cappuccino is better in Starbucks! :)

No, NS does not read the blog!

Notebook as a movie!? Man, that HAS to be annoying!

Raj said...

Hey! UK again, huh? I hope you post pics from this trip now rather than during your next trip. Nice pics, btw!

So do you see any visible signs of recession there? (just curious!)

Freeze said...

Yeah i will post pics this time. I don't know when though.

visible signs of recession? Not much actually. But if you think of it, maybe thats the reason why I am here? :)