31 January 2006

message mistakes

I don’t know why, but I’m getting a lot of weird messages (don’t know from whom) on my phone lately.

Like, once I got this message:

“I didn’t know you speak so well… In fact I don’t speak that well either.”
So I replied with,” Who are you? I don’t know who you are.”
For which the reply was,” First tell me who you are, and then expect me to reply!”

I didn’t reply to that message, thinking that it was just one of my friends just bugging me with someone else’s phone.

But it didn’t end here. Once, I was messaging my friend during exams. So I asked her a question and was expecting a reply in a few seconds. Imagine my surprise when I got the reply, but from a different number! So I assumed that maybe her charge got over, and that’s why she is answering from her dad’s phone. (I didn’t know her dad’s number; I assumed this.). I replied to this number, and asked some other doubts that I had. And I was not getting a reply at all.

After an hour or so, my friend messaged me, from her number, asking a doubt. Now I really got confused, and asked her,” Why did u msg me from another num just now?”
For which she replied, (get this) “I didn’t reply from another number!”
Which was really freaky, because that message was still there on my phone from another number! I know the message has to be from her, coz she cleared my doubt in the reply!

Anyway after 2 days I got a call. This number was not in my contact list.

Me: Hello?

Him (have no clue who he was, but from the voice I reckon he was a guy): Yes ma’am. Did u message me?

Me: No I didn’t. I don’t even know who you are!!

Him: well, I got a message from you a few days back. I just checked it, coz I had gone out of station. So I was wondering who you are?

Me (realizing that it might be that number which I assumed was my friend’s dad’s): ummm... I think it was a mistake!

Him: oh ok, I thought maybe it was important, that’s why I called.

[I must’ve sent atleast 3 messages]

CLICK!

It didn’t end here either. I’ve gotten 6 to 7 messages from people I don’t know, and they claim that they don’t know me either. But the best was this: I got a call. I did not pick the phone, coz I didn’t hear it ring. On seeing the miss call, from a number I didn’t recognize, I sent a message to that number, asking why he called me. He messaged back, telling that he didn’t call me!

I know that messages can get lost on the way, and can reach up in other’s phones. But getting a call when the person didn’t call anyone is just too much. My service provider just sucks!

7 comments:

Y said...

It made me think of the movie 'A nightmare on the elm street'. Wherein the guy gets a call on his phone, he picks it up only to find an eerie tongue coming out of it.

So, maybe the ghosts are on the prowl!

Y said...

The post and my comments did scare me. And thats the last piece I write, as I storm my way out of an empty 60 seater office.

greensatya said...

Do you have a Hutch number ? Hutch is the biggest sucker in B'lore. I remember those days when you try any Hutch number and it would say "All lines in this route are busy....". Last time I had heard this was from BSNL(then DOT) in 1992.

When once I complained to Hutch call center, they said well you haven't tried SPICE, so try that and then tell if our service sucks !!

Raj said...

its not just the service providers.

Some people dial wrong numbers and then refuse to believe that they are wrong. And if you call them 3 days later to enquire about a missed call, they obviously dont remember.

Plus, young girls getting calls n msgs from unknown numbers is sadly not very uncommon. Lots of losers out there.

Freeze said...

[Sher-e-Jalandhar]
i've not seen that movie, but it does sound scary! The post was not meant to scare you.. hehe

[greensatya]
yup! u got that right! i have a hutch number... and it really sucks!
even now it says," all lines in this route are busy". i guess some things never change.

[raj]
yea, its not always the service providers. there are lot of creepy ppl out there. but some of the msgs i got, it seemed as though it was meant to reach someone else. but it reached me by mistake.

XVSA013 said...

first such message i got said "hi, do u wnt to be friends?"

i call back and that guy (it had to be a guy :p) ... said he didnt do it!!!

i left it ... but messages kept coming ... and he never picked up my calls ... so one day i called from a landline and gave him a piece of my mind ...

he says "wahts the problem man, its just a message!!!!!"

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
this has happened to me too, with one difference. he kept telling that i knew him, but he dint tell me who he was! i dint even recognize who he was frm his voice. eventually he stopped messaging me when i stopped asking who he was.