29 January 2006

Lots of TV!

Hi, my name’s freeze and I’m a TV addict!! Hehe... I’ve been watching a lot of TV lately, and the reason is obviously coz I have holidays right now. Once the college starts, I can’t watch TV for hours together.

Before starting engineering, I almost watched 2 to 3 hours of TV per day. I would watch anything. And if nothing that I liked were on, I would just change the channels for half an hour until I saw something that I liked. Even when I had exams, I would be on the sofa with the remote in my hand, searching for something nice. Ok, but that was only during the 5 or 10 minute breaks that I took from studying. But it still was (and is) an integral part of my day.

So these are the some of the stuff that I’m watching these days. I don't watch any soaps in the Hindi channels, they are just way too boring for me.

Stuff I like:

A little bit of Australian open and cricket. I watched the doubles finals yesterday. It was really funny when Paes and Damm were doing chest pumps and seeing them, even the Bryans started doing it! There was lots of energy there on the court.

Roger Federer won today, by beating Marcos Baghdatis. I dunno if he'll ever lose. Some matches were close, but he always manages to get through. He's just awesome, man! I wonder where he gets his energy from...

Cricket, well… I’m just forced to watch it when others in my house want it. I don’t really like it. And Pathan got a hatrick. Yay for him!

The OC- this is my new obsession. I normally don’t watch soaps and dramas, but this show is pretty good. I just can’t believe that more than 300 episodes are already shown in the US. And star world is just showing 1 episode per week. It’ll be ages by the time we catch up (if we ever will).

Monk- I always liked thrillers and mysteries. Nothing can beat this. And the guy (don’t know his name) who plays Adrian Monk (the detective who solves the murders) is just awesome. He acts really well.

American Idol- This show is reality tv at its best. It’s got things that are very real, very funny, lots of sarcasm, and great judges.

There are lots more…

Stuff I don't like:

Charmed- I just find this really stupid, the 3 sisters having weird powers, and crap like that.

Buffy, the vampire slayer- another show I cannot stand! I see a pattern here; I don't like things with vampires, and people having powers, something that are not (and can't be) real.
I don't like Smallville (superman when he was a teen) either. But Tru Calling (it shows a girl where dead people talk to her telling her to save their lives. She goes back that day and does everything to save them) is kind of ok. Don’t like it a lot though.

And any show that is a poor copy of the original.

6 comments:

greensatya said...

Hmm, what can I say ? I don't have television license.

Raj said...

nice!!

I'm sure u know that Paes and Rhea Pillai are a couple. Thanks to the Art of Living :)

Only 64 episodes of OC have been shown in US yet and Zee Cafe airs 2 eps per week :)

I used to like Monk but it has become a lil boring now.

If u have time, u shud try reading recaps of charmed and tru calling on TWoP. They're funny.

Freeze said...

[greensatya]-
lol... say 'hi'!!

[raj]-
ya, read abt Rhea and Paes in the paper...

http://www.fox.com/oc/recaps/
its shown in the above link that more than 300 episodes are already shown. I assumed its the US coz its 'fox' network.
yeah, zee shows 2 episodes, but i missed many episodes in the beginning :(

i cud not watch monk in the last 2 months, so i still enjoy it.

will read the recaps. thanks :)

Akanksha said...

i love charmed!!
but its just that i like anything with magic in it..abracadabra hocus pocus anything!
i mean i have read all the harry potter books twice!.. nopw i am reading bartimaeus (tho its not as good as harry potter)

greensatya said...

Hi

Freeze said...

[akanksha]
harry potter's nice. have not read bartimaeus yet. will read if i get the book...

[greensatya]
hi :)