05 February 2006

Nothing and Everything

I’ve been meaning to write earlier itself, but I just didn’t want to sit in front of the computer. College is starting tomorrow. It’s too early. I didn’t even have 15 days of holidays. C’mon!! Atleast give us 15 days damnit. The holidays were so less, that I didn’t even get time to get bored. Its was so less. No more Sigh. All good things have to come to an end.

So what I have been doing is just reading and hanging out in malls. I finally finished Bourne supremacy. Finally is the keyword here. It took so long! (almost 2 weeks!) I mean, it was not boring or anything, but it was not that interesting either. As in, I didn’t care what happened in the end. After finishing this book, I read a John Grisham’s book called “the testament”. Now this is called a good book. Finished it in a day. The book is about a guy who has 12 billion dollars. He makes a will, and then kills himself. The will gives all the money to a daughter, without any money to the rest of the 6 children. And this daughter does not want the money. Anyway, it was a nice read. I normally like books that move fast, and give nice descriptions about the characters.

Suddenly I’m starting to like music of Rang De Basanti. Don’t know how that happened. Normally I just can’t stand Hindi music. But this was somewhat different. I don’t like all the songs though. Songs that I like are khoon chala, roobaroo, khalbali and rang de basanti, the title track. While watching the movie, paathshala just sounded awesome. But when I listened to it at home, wasn’t that great.

I have not watched any new movie, except for Rang De Basanti. And I already watched it twice. And I am ready to watch it again. This is so freaky. I don’t know why I like it so much either. Some parts of it were not totally believable. But still it was a nice movie.

So this is the last day of my last ever holidays. Its back to studies from now.

21 comments:

Raj said...

ya, 5 days is too less!!

I hate coming to work even after a 3-day holiday.

RDB's music is excptionally good. Thats why u like it :)

Raj said...

i meant 15 days, of course.

Hate typos.

Freeze said...

[raj
only 15 days :(
yeah, music is gr8.
everybody does typos :)

Akanksha said...

i didnt like testament much .. u should read client or pelican brief or the firm .. these r some of grishams best works..
also i am dying to watch rang de basanti .. i think i am the only one who hasnt seen it *pout pout sob sob* :(

greensatya said...

Wait, wait..how can you people forget me when discussing Grisham.

Tend to agree with Akanksha, Grisham started to drift from this book. This has much more about relgion as Client is about Gizmo and Pelican Brief is about Politics. And Broker is about tuscan cuisine :)

Have you guys read "The Partner". Something happens at the end which is interesting if not surprising.

But it was Testament, which made me feel to go to Brazilian wetland. I am planning a trip so all your Grisham fans can join me. Of course Brazilian sea beaches are included in the trip. :p

P.S - By the number of comments I make on blogs on any particular day, blogger thinks I am a spammer. See the word verification now is "tqcftxmd"

Freeze said...

[akanksha]
i have not read client, but have read pelican brief and firm. grisham is great. i liked testamant too though. mayb coz it was a nice change frm what i've been reading lately.

[satya]
have not read broker either, maybe i'l read it in a day or 2..

yeah, have read partner.. the ending is just awesome. i dint expect it too. i almost felt bad for that guy.

the way grisham has described brazil is just too good. i felt like i was there in brazil while reading it.

beaches huh? mayb raj can join u, coz he has not seen beaches... hehehe

bah, u r not a spammer. u r not the only one who gets tough words.. my verification is "lfjuabqh"!!

Freeze said...

most boring book of grisham - street laywer

greensatya said...

Freeze -Yeah it was bad for the guy but it was not surprising for me. I knew it has to happen :p Grisham deals with reality, isn't it ?

Raj is not a Grisham fan, so he won't join us :d

greensatya said...

I have done a short review of 'Bleachers' in my blog. May be sometime you can read it.

Freeze said...

well, it had to happen, but i was wishing that it wud not. i expected that in the last page, she'l come back with the money or something..

i'l read the review of bleachers now :) i got nothing to do now anyways. colleg just started!

XVSA013 said...

never got myself to like either of them ...

u watch the movie please ...

Akanksha said...

i loved the partner .. it was the a cruel but a very twisty end!!

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
will watch the movie as soon as i get the CD.

[akanksha]
yeah, partner is good. now i've got "king of torts". still have to start readin it.

greensatya said...

King of torts is good. You can link that book to rise and fall of some of the biggest successes of our world.

happy reading Freeze.

Y said...

Oh, quite a John Grisham discussion room this.

There are two pathshala songs in the album. Hope u didnt get xcited by one form in the theatre and listened to the second form in audio.

Waise, both the tracks are good.

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
i started readin the book... good so far.

[sej]
i have both the songs... and i dint like both of them. does not sound as good as it did in the movie.

bengaluru said...

Thanks for your comments on Bangalore/ Bengalooru, any thoughts on regular job after college? Trust me it only gets worse, enjoy while you can! I can't find time to watch Rand de Basanti even once may be next month! or is it because some people are getting more than their share of the pie ;) Just Kidding! Way back in 2001, I watched Dil Chahta Hai atleast a dozen times! ok 8 times to be honest.

bengaluru said...

sorry read Rang De Basnti

Freeze said...

[Jeyavel]
yea, have got a job already. dunno the joining date as of now. i am hoping it does not get worse.
hoping for the best, u know?

rang de is nice. i found it better than DCH. but then, thats just my point of view. 8 times is a lot! i just saw it 3 times. :)

bengaluru said...

Rumor or....whatever, Check this out.Mahabharata, featuring...Aamir & ...

Freeze said...

[Jeyavel]
I'm thinking, it IS a rumour. does not look legit.