22 January 2006

Farmhouse

I had gone to my friend's farmhouse. You would think that it would be boring, but it was not. It was a nice change just after the exams actually. We reached there around 9:30 am. My friend (lets call her M) showed all the animals there. A bunch of cows, 2 kittens, sheep, dogs, 2 puppies (which were cute), a cat, some parrots and some weird bird whose name I forgot. Then we were just exploring the place. There were a few rocks. We all climbed a few of them. I could not; coz there's something really wrong with my knee.

[During my exams, my knee just got swollen. And then, during the exam, I had to go to the hospital to figure out what’s wrong with it. Coz my leg was aching when I walked. So the doc told that its knee inflammation and gave me a few tablets. It’s still not ok though.]

So anyway, my friends (13 of us) climbed the rocks, while I was just sitting and cheering them up. It was still fun though. I wanted to climb one so badly, but I could barely walk, forget climbing a rock. After all that we had lunch. M’s parents were there already to ‘welcome’ us.

After lunch, M’s dad, who is incidentally an ex army man, showed us few of his guns. And then, he loaded them and told us to shoot at a target!! We were all totally excited. Coz we have never done that before, obviously. The target was around 10 feet far. We were to keep the target, and 2 parts of the gun (forget what its called) in the same line, and pull the trigger. The gun was pretty heavy actually. I did not expect it to be that heavy.

So the guys were just not allowing us girls to have a try. We argued a lot, and we finally got a chance. So I took the gun, took aim and shot. I was just an inch away from the target (which was a soft drink bottle, with Aishwarya’s face on it). M’s dad told that it was a good shot for the first time. Ha! And the guys were shooting all over the place. After that we girls got an equal chance to shoot. The whole shooting thing was amazing actually. First time experience. So people, don’t piss me off, I can shoot!!

After all the shooting, it was finally time to return home. We were there for around six hours. And it was just amazing. The shooting part was the best part of the day. (If I could do some rock climbing, I might have said that it was the best part.)

8 comments:

greensatya said...

God that was quite interesting. The farm house looks as if straight from a bollywood movie. Sheeps, puppies, kittens, rocks and then target shooting !!

Where is this farm house (or shall I call ranch ?) in Bangalore ?

But tell me why you all were killing A'rya Rai ? Is it fair ?

Freeze said...

yeah, it WAS interesting! And fun too!

the farmhouse[or ranch, whateva u prefer :) ] is about 2 hrs away frm bangalore.

hehe... to kill aishwarya rai. that was the best part. alas! it was just a pic ;)

and no offence to any1 who likes her.

greensatya said...

How can it be of no offence to those who like her ??

(I am not saying that I like her, but I am taking up the debate on the part of those who like her)

Freeze said...

hey! I didnt know anyone liked her! So I didnt think that I wud be offending someone. But there is a chance that someone wud like her, and to those I mean no offence.
What's the big deal anyway.

Akanksha said...

cool.. i would love to try target shooting!

greensatya said...

No big deal, I was just trying to have some light moments on one more bloody monday!!

Raj said...

That all sounds fun.

Aishwarya's pic on the target. Thats great!!

Freeze said...

[akanksha]
yeah, try it when u get a chance. :)

[greensatya]
Cool :) Monday's almost over...

[raj]
yup, it was fun. esp the ash part. hehe..