19 December 2005

The worst day ever?

I had my lab today. We get two experiments, one to write a C program, and another a hardware experiment. I got the C program, but not the hardware. I did a stupid mistake of not including a library file( I included the wrong one, stupid me. No one can get more stupider than that. It totally sucks), and it was not getting compiled properly. Atleast the viva was kind of easy. I KNEW that I was gonna screw up the lab, and i did it. Yay me.

Then after the lab, I was just sitting outside the lab waiting for my friends. The principal came, and he asked me if I have a cell phone. Now, in my college there is this stupid rule which tells that students are not allowed to carry phones. And yes, obviously I had one in my bag. (Another stupid mistake. When there is a rule follow it! Grrrr) . So I just grinned. Then he asked me again," Do you have a phone with you?!". So I had to tell yes. I could have lied and told him that I dont have it with me, but he has checked bags before. And it could be worse for me if I lied and then caught with the phone in my bag.

He asked me to hand over the phone to him. I looked at him with a sad face, telling him I was sorry and that I would NEVER bring it again to college. THEN, my HOD comes along. The Princi asked him to take my phone. The HOD kind of hates me I guess, he looked at me and told me to give the phone to him. And I did. My HOD then walked off (with my phone) with the princi (they are like best buddys or something). Sucks for me.

Later when I found the HOD alone, I went up to him and asked him if I would get my phone back. He said "No way. No, no, no. The princiPAL took it from you, no??( his fav word is no).
"No sir, you took it".
"Yes, yes... I did, But I gave it to him."
"Ughhhh, ok. So should I go and talk to him."
"No no, dont go today. Go tomorrow. He will be in a good mood tomorrow."

So that was it about the phone.

So thats it, you think?? NO. Thats not all. While coming back home I was so tensed about losing my phone and not getting the exp, that I forgot to fill petrol. And yes, the tank became empty on the way and I had to push it till the nearest petrol bunk.

I told my parents about me losing the phone. Dad told me that I was irresponsible. Yup. Thats me. Why the hell did I take it?? I dont take it usually with me, I just keep it in my Kinetic. But today I took it with me. Dumb, dumb mistake.

So this was the worst day ever. Well, not "ever". Atleast I am lucky that I am still alive? Whatever.

6 comments:

greensatya said...

Oh..poor child, don't get despondent, you will get your phone back.

When did they put this rule in Bangalore, and what is the harm in bringing the phone, if one is not using it?

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Raj said...

Oh, some days are just bad.
Practicals dont contribute too much towards ur total score so you need not worry but u shud be careful abt ur phone.

@greensatya: Colleges across India had to enforce the no cell phone rule ever since the DPS MMS scandal happened. R u not aware of it?

greensatya said...

@Raj - Yeah I was aware of the DPS (RKP) thing, (once upon a time I studied there ). But did that result in ban of cell phones and even in engineering colleges ? Who makes these hollow rules? I totally disagree to it.

oops I don't want to start a post here :) but thanks for letting me know.

Freeze - do update us whether they gave your cell phone or not ?

Good Luck

Freeze said...

[greensatya]-poor child?! Huh?! Child?

There were many reasons for banning cell phones in engineering colleges, like, using phones in colleges are distracting for the teachers and stuff like that.
Everybody in college(including teachers, coz even thay cant use phones) disagrees to this dumb rule. But then students dont really have a say in this.

No, I didnt get my phone back. I'l post abt it a lil later.


[raj]- I was not even using the phone when he took it frm me. Which is y i am so irritated.

greensatya said...

Okay, 'NO' child, actually usage was setting well with rest of the sentence. don't mind.

Since the principal had not seen you using the cell phone it was not fair on his part to take your cellphone. And why the heck is he not giving your cellphone back ? I suggest ask your dad to see him in the college, that guy needs some piece of mind.

Freeze said...

[greensatya]- the poor child thing actually made me smile. I dint mind it.

Y he is not giving the phone back? becoz he is retarded.