09 August 2009

The shining

The hedges are supposed to move. The lions are supposed to come alive! The boy is supposed to see it, and so should his father! This can't be happening. They HAVE to show it come alive. I mean, thats like the best part! The part where Danny gets into the room 237... That's scary! I got scared while reading the book. Seriously! But, not scary in the movie. Sure is creepy, though. The lift, how the house talks to Jack? Not really there either.

Lots of things were supposed to happen - but they didnt. Did not make it any less better though.

The good stuff - Jack Nicholson, of course. The part where he is walking up the stairs, and he is shouting , I am not gonna hurt you, ha ha. I am just gonna cut you into little pieces.. or something like that. And the ending - with the maze and all that running around! Jack's psychotic smiles. Yikes.

Somehow I remember the hotel burning up in the end (of the book) - but that did not happen in the movie. In the movie, Jack is a ghost - not really sure if he was one the book as well.

2 comments:

greensatya said...

Hmm, I haven't read the book and only seen bits and pieces of 'The Shining'/ Not a great fan of horror or gory movies (Texas..massacre was good though)

So what is your verdict? liked the movie ?

Freeze said...

The shining is not gory at all!! Yeah, it is horror. But not like the usual crap.

Yeah, I liked the movie. Though I felt it could have been better... High expectations, you see?

You should watch the movie at once - without any breaks. Only then would you enjoy it.