12 August 2009

Why me?

I usually work till 5:30 in the evening. However, sometimes I have to stay back for some meetings that my wonderful TL likes to suggest weird timings.

So yesterday as well, he scheduled a meeting from 5:30 to 7! 1.5 hours! As soon as I woke up, I was irritated cause I hate staying back. I was considering going to office late, but finally decided to at my normal time.

In the evening, I asked him if it was okay if I didn't attend it. He said fine! Good for me. Meetings are a waste anyway - all that gets decided is when to have the next meeting! (Don't know where I read this, but it is so true).

So I left my cubicle at 5:25. I have to go down two flights of stairs, and I usually take the stairs. However, I was scared of missing my cab, so I decided to take the lift.

There was already someone waiting near the lift, so the lift should come up any second. But it didnt. Dont know how long I waited, but it seemed an eternity. So finally it came, and we got in. We pressed the Zero floor. The doors closed. And then nothing happened. We decided to press the button a few more times, hoping it would work (yeah, right). But nothing happened. So I decided to get off the lift, and take the stairs anyway. But now the doors would not open. Lovely.

So we pressed few other buttons that were there, and after another eternity, the doors opened. It was 5:30. My cab left.

Went back to my cubicle... But I did not attend the meeting.

No comments: