10 August 2009

Annoyed

My phone is acting all weird today. First, in the morning, while I was listening to music, it would not allow me to change the volume. So I actually had to switch it off and then switch it back on.

And then, as soon as I switched it on - it decided to call a number on my contacts. I cut it. Then, she called back to know why I had called. But could I pick up the call? Of course not! So I tried calling back to explain. As soon as I could hear one ring, it stopped calling. It got disconnected!! I was not sure if it was a problem with the network or my phone. I just assumed it was the network.

Then, it would not play the radio. And if at all it played, it would keep changing the channels - so that I was not listening to any station for more than 5 seconds. Very calming.

After a lot of switching off and switching on - removing the battery and putting it back on, I finally figured out what the problem could be. It was the memory card! I removed it, and everything was fine. I put it back, and everything started to hang.

But I need the memory card. That's where all my music is stored. And so I devised a plan. I switched on the phone. I put on the radio. I put the memory card. And made sure that I don't touch any of the buttons. I literally kept counting minutes. And so, after some time ( I suppose after everything loaded fine), everything was working fine. I could make calls, and listen to whatever I want, and could increase/decrease the volume.

And I reached office. NO, no it does not end.

I was on my way for a coffee break - and there comes this woman. She is just swaying her hands around me, and off goes the phone from my hand. Flying. It came down in 3 pieces. I just got down and picked up the pieces. She was very apologetic. I told her that its alright, and went ahead putting everything back together. Had to go through it all again - battery, memory card, blah blah.

In the evening, I was talking on the phone with a friend. It got disconnected 5 times in 5 minutes. Then I decided if it gets disconnected again, I would talk tomorrow. It got disconnected in 2 seconds.

I don't know. No idea whats wrong! Did not change anything in the phone , and did not put anything new in the memory card either. Just a bad day.

2 comments:

Abhinav said...

Is it working fine now?
May be just a bad day .. happened to me once too but the problem was with the sim card and hence the disconnected call.

Freeze said...

Yeah, it is working absolutely fine!!

How can it be a bad day! There has te be a reason for it !! I didnt change anything, and it started working fine! Totally weird!