13 August 2009

Respect and assumptions

Sometimes, people don't get the respect they deserve. Perhaps it is because they don't know the person, or because they don't know any better, or they know the person very well (and hence take the other for granted). This totally annoys me. I just hope I am not like that.

Sometimes I wonder how I would look like from another person's eyes. I mean, we all have opinions of each other - and not everything is told to them. So like that, others would think something of me, and I want to know what that is.

There is no way of finding this out. Because, if you ask them, they would always tell you what you want to hear and not really what they think.

This is when people start assuming things and jumping into conclusions. But, there is no way to find out if what you have assumed or concluded is correct. An assumption will always remain an assumption.

4 comments:

Abhinav said...

Wish i had read your post earlier :P

I think respect is something you earn it not get it by virtue of being superior, elder etc etc

Freeze said...

why read my post earlier?

I agree that respect is something that you earn. I guess there is a line between decency and respect.

Abhinav said...

I hope by now you would have guessed what i meant by reading your post earlier .. if not .. wait for my next post .. it would answer your question of why i quit.

Freeze said...

Yes, I think I got the answer ...