23 March 2009

Being myself

Like a moron, I have been obsessed with the Big Brother show (the US one). It started on Saturday afternoon, around 1 in the afternoon when I switched the channel to VH1. I had never watched Big brother before, and was always wondering what the big deal is. I am a big fan of reality TV shows ( I don't know why!!), and when I saw that Big Brother is on, I could not help but watch it! And so I did. The only problem was that it was a marathon. Which meant that they would show the whole series at one go. No big deal, anyway it was a saturday, and it should finish by evening. Or so I thought. I watched it till 11:30 at night. Continuously. They stopped showing it at 11:30, else I would have watched it some more.

So on sunday, i woke up a little late, and I thought of just checking if the show was coming on TV. And it was! Yay!! So I started yet again to see it. Luckily ( phew!) I had plans of meeting friends, so I left home at one - for lunch, bowling and some ice cream. The ride back was so awesome. There was no one on the streets!! I mean, MG Road was empty! It was so weird to see hardly any people on a sunday evening! I reached back home around 6 ( I guess) and it started again. My parents were going mad. I tried making them watch it, and tried telling them that this is so much better than the stupid serials that they are so obsessed about. Obviously they thought I was a moron.

And so I watched. And watched. Till 12:30 in the night. Yes, 12:30! I had to see who won! I wanted any of 2 people to win (Sharon or Adam), and Adam won. Like I care.

And today is a monday. I can barely open my eyes. I just want to sleep.

Did I learn anything this weekend? Yes, of course. I realised that not eating chocolate ice cream makes me bowl really bad. (Yesterday I scored a pathetic 65. Yuck.) I also learnt that if you want to succeed, you should know how to lie and show that everything that you do is great (even know it is not, duh!).

Did I learn anything useful this weekend? No. Sigh. Atleast I could have read a book.

Sleep! I want sleep!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Brother was being aired on weekdays at 10 around 2 months ago and I was crazy about it too.

Freeze said...

Yes, yes, I know it was being aired. But somehow I never felt like watching it then!