31 March 2006

‘THE’ presentation

It was good. It was really good (according to me anyways). I was actually thinking that I will be nervous and that I’ll forget half the things. But when I went and stood in front of the class, I was so calm and so cool, that I was thinking why I am not scared yet. Haha.. I was waiting to get nervous. But I didn’t, so it was just awesome. And people apparently understood what I was saying, so I am happy.

This was really weird, because as far as I remember, I had stage fear. I could not stand in front of people and speak without stammering. But that day I didn’t even stammer once! So freaky.

When I was in 9th or 10th, I had to give a speech in the school assembly. I had prepared everything well. I don’t remember if I was nervous or anything. But I went there on the stage, looked into the paper, then looked at all the students waiting for me to say something. And I was just blank!(this with the paper in my hand) Then I said “good afternoon”. Thank god, no one laughed. It was 9 in the morning, you see? But after that good afternoon thing, everything was fine. I actually didn’t even realize that I had said something like that. It was only later that my classmates told me that I had made such a dumb mistake.

So anyways, after that speech in school I was always apprehensive about making mistakes like that. But after this seminar of mine, I’ve become confident. Which is a good thing, of course.

12 comments:

Raj said...

ha ha...Good afternoon at 9 in the morning. Thats bad:P

But that was years ago and Stage fright is something that goes away as you get more n more confident of yourself.

Good to know that ur presentation went well :)

killer is i said...

Yea .. according to u .. hehe ..
Even i felt same when i gave my seminar in last sem :D , i was like .. kool i was gud there ;) , and now confident enuff to give presentation without prep :D
"people apparently understood what I was saying"
Thats wat u think :p , trust me almost everyone must b sleeping, no1 listen to seminr untill u ask them or they will listen only if u r close frnd :p.
So may b someone CLOSE to u listened ya .. :p
And for that morning speech, u think any1 listen there. Everyone in assembly wants to go back and they r like .. "bass yaar, ab jaane do" :p Thats y no1 laughed .. hehe .

Nice to hear that u don't have stage fear now ... :)

Abhinav said...

good to hear that ue presentation went well.
I think every one feels apprehensive or may be fear for the first time and after that everything seems fine, i guess thats what confidence can do to u.

Anonymous said...

Hi..

SPEECH.....oh my god...I would run away...btw, all the best & cheers..
Roy

Sara said...

well...i am remembered of one of my stage goof-ups....he he he...
but the i agree with Raj - it goes off as u become confident of urself...

Freeze said...

[raj]
yeah... that good afternoon thing was really bad.
yup, pretty confident now. no more stage fear!
:)

[killer]
hehe, yeah but i was REALLY good :p really!!!!!
but no, i cant give any sort of presentation without any preparation
yeah, i know some of them were sleeping.. sigh! but most of them were awake when i was speaking. so that was good.
assembly was in school yaar.. ppl are not like that in school. maybe u were :p
yeah.. cool/ no stage fear! wheeee!!


[abhinav]
thanks:) i was apprehensive coz of the school assembly thing. else i was fine with it.

[roy]
thanks :) speeches are not that bad !!

[sara]
and what is the goof up! do tell us!
yeah man, pretty confindent now.

greensatya said...

So the presentation as good :) glad to know.

Speech, presentation, school, college *sigh* I don't know much about these things :D

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
yeah :)

so sad. u r stuck with such a bad memory...

Koi Pahailee said...

great.
good for you.
as for me, I still have a very hard time speaking in front of a group of ppl.
any tips from you, the best orator ever:)

Y said...

He he, nice post. Good afternoon at 9 am was kind of cool!

killer is i said...

Waiting for another nice post

Freeze said...

[KP]
tips from me!! yeah yeah, make fun of me :(

[sher]
it was not cool when i said it, mayb now

[killer]
hmmm