12 April 2006

And Rajkumar dies…

I don’t know what’s the big deal! He’s just a flimstar people, not god! I don’t get what’s the need for all this riots and stuff to happen!

I had gone to write an exam today in a college, which is pretty far from the rest of Bangalore. By the time our exam got over, and we could leave the college it was almost 430 pm. I have no clue exactly when he died, but we got the news of his death by sms in our mobile phones.

Funny thing is my friend and me were getting excited coz of what was happening. You know, all the riots and stuff. I mean, there’s nothing to get scared of, right? What can they possibly do to a college bus? But some of the people in the bus were really scared, and they were ordering us to close the windows and all.

On the way, we saw that most of the roads were blocked, probably coz something had already happened there, or maybe preventive measure. Who knows? So the college bus had to take a longer route to reach college. And which road does the driver take? Dr Rajkumar road. The whole road was empty. Nothing could happen in an empty road, right? Wrong. Four people blocked the road, and started yelling at the driver. The driver was yelling back at them. They kept on screaming at each other for 2 minutes. Finally they left, and then we also left.

As we moved on, we saw that there were huge posters of Rajkumar everywhere, with garlands and agarbathis and lots of people around. All the vans had his posters stuck, probably coz they didn’t wanna be hit by stones…

But everything was calm. Lots of policemen around. Nothing to get scared of. People’s mentality is such that we expect something to happen, and maybe we say something that is misunderstood by others.

Anyway, I reached home safely. Oh, and I started blogging again?

10 comments:

greensatya said...

Yeah it is kind of scary. Reminds me of the abduction incident.

anyway may Rajkumar RIP.

Venkat C said...

I am planning to visit Bangalore tom. Is it safe ? :)) when will we stop bandhs for every death and unrelated events?
anyway keep blogging

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
yeah abduction. i just remember the 2 months of holidays that we got.

[venkat]
lol, i dont know if it is safe. tomo is karnataka bandh. so everything will probably be closed. Its a holiday.

killer is i said...

Man.. ppl r crazy and way too free.
I and dad were laughin onthat news.
I hope that no1 here is not that great fan of him and don't want to kill me on those comments :d
And u r safe .. shit :p i tried my best though, waise bhi who'll mess with u. U r strongest hehe.

And yipeee . u r blogging again.. ;)
keep it up ;)

Freeze said...

[killer]
You are supposed to be kill others , killer

yeah, am safe. And I'm strongest?? huh?

yeah, i put up one post. whippeee!!

killer is i said...

yea .. u r strongest, body builder hehe ... m sayin this coz i've heard that u go to gym regularly :p

Koi Pahailee said...

why were there riots?
whats to fight about when a great filmstar dies?

Y said...

When did u leave blogging? I thought the time between your lost post and this is what you generally keep.

Anyways, the whole thing was terrible. It was difficult for ppl like me coz I depend on outside food, and there was none available from Wed night till the funeral took place yesterday.

Sara said...

exactly...i agree with sher...me too depends on outside food and dint get any for 2 days...its was all bread and biscuits...

and welcome back ;)

Freeze said...

[killer]
1. I am not strong.
2. I am not a body builder.
3. I dont go to the gym, at all!
4. WTF?

[KP]
I have no clue whatsoever. Lots of theories are floating around.

[sher]
I left blogging a week ago. Good no one realised.

yeah the whole thing totally sucked.

[sara]
bread and biscuits must be really bugging. I guess I never realised what I have. Hmmm...

thanks :)