06 March 2006

Lets Dance

One of my classmates had a dance performance in kathak yesterday evening. So me and my other classmates decided to go and watch it. Well, I actually didn’t wanna go, coz I get really bored of all this classical dances. I mean, to really enjoy something like this, I have to know something about the dance, and something about the steps, and whatnot. I really cannot appreciate it. For me a dance would be nice, if it looks nice. I can’t tell if the steps are being done correctly, or if the facial expressions are correct. All this makes no sense to me. But I went anyway, just because my other classmates wanted me to come with them.

So we watched the dance, and it looked good. It was a solo performance, and she danced for around 45 minutes continuously, with maybe a break of 5 minutes. Don’t know how she could manage it. Wow, that takes a lot of stamina. I was totally amazed. I mean, I am the kind of person who gets tired after climbing up stairs of three floors, and she dances for 45 minutes!! Hmmm, I could not see all the facial expressions and all, coz we were sitting behind. So we could not really see that properly.

Till yesterday I had never seen any sort of classical dance live. This was a first for me. It keeps coming on TV, and my parents watch it, but I never had any inclination to watch it. I don’t like classical music either.

Once, when I was maybe 10 years old, I went with my uncle to a classical music concert. And it was so boring, that I almost slept. And I didn’t want to sleep. So I did everything I could to keep my eyes open. The problem was that the music was so boring, and it was pulled to almost 3 hours! I don’t remember why I agreed to go there in the first place, coz I never liked any classical stuff. I still don’t. And that day I had decided not to go to any sort of classical stuff.

Oh well, I don’t think I will be going to any more concerts or any dance thing. I’m done with it. Well, unless someone I know is performing.

12 comments:

greensatya said...

The best way to ask those performers to end their presentation is to start clapping, they will get the message.

XVSA013 said...

classical dance ... huh? YAWN!!!!

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
but that can't be done everywhere, right?

[mowgli]
try sitting for 3 and a half hours waiting for the show to get over.

Abhinav said...

satya that wud be offending to the person performing. thats real BAD...though we use to do it when our Principal use to give lecture in morning assembly :D
Classical Dance i have no clue abt it, for that matter i do not know how to dance.

Raj said...

When there was just DD1, they had a show called "Spirit of Unity Concert for National Integration" on Sunday mornings. I hated it so much.

I dont care much abt classical dance but I like few forms of classical music.

In case you dont want to wait for the show to get over, you could always excuse yourslef and go out of the hall.

killer is i said...

classical ..... YAWN YAWN :d
u got me i guess .. :D
seriously .. that music ..
ofcoz i appriciate hard work done by her and it must hav been awesome .. still 45 mins of dance... umm thats ok
.. but 3 hours of classical music .. u better kill me by giving me worst poison or hang me..
i dunno wat i m sayin ... ways 2 kill myself .. y ? :-?

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
anything classical is the worst!!

[raj]
luckily, i didnt watch that show on dd1. i didnt even know that it existed!

hmmm, yeah. i thought abt leaving the hall as well, but classmates didnt wanna leave, and we didnt know when my friend's performance was.

[killer]
yeah, the music sucks! 45 mins is JUST ok!? c'mon dude! 45 mins! thats a lot!
hehe, yeah.. .3 whole hrs! just imagine. damn, it was boring!

n i can give u better ways to kill yrself. poison! u r better than that! :P

killer is i said...

he he ..
tell me ways ... may b i need them desperatly
oh yeaa .. i forgot my name .. "killer is i" ..
and m talkin abut ways to kill myself ..

Akanksha said...

i watched a kathak performance .. i loved it.. other classical dances are a snooze but kathak is a very invigorating dance form.. its more abt the foot movement than the facial expressions

classical music never heard any!

Freeze said...

[killer]
or maybe u dont.

[akanksha]
if i have to choose between any form of classsical, i'd prefer bharatnatyam. its got everything in it. thats y.

dont listen to classical music, unless u wanna sleep. but then, if u wanna sleep and u listen to that music, u may get irritated, and not sleep at all.

Y said...

Jaane kyun log dance karte hain,
Jaane kyun woh kuud kuud kar time barbaad karte hain?

Jaane kyun, jaane kyun?

Freeze said...

[sej]
Time pass.