21 May 2009

Windsor castle

I'd been wanting to go to Windsor castle ever since I heard about it (which was about 2 weeks ago). So my colleagues, friends and I made plans to go there that weekend (2 weeks back). We were not able to make any proper plans - what to see, how to go, etc, but we decided to do that on Saturday so that we could go that Sunday. But in the last moment my friend (call her X) decided that she has to go somewhere else. She told me that she really wanted to go to that place, so we changed our plans and decided to go the next weekend (which was last week).

So last week, I made sure that we made all plans, and we were all set to go. On Friday, X told us that she does not know if she can come on Sat or Sun, since she had to go shopping with an aunt! She would let us know in the evening. When I called her in the evening, she told that she will let me know by 11. I said fine.

She called at 11:30, and told that she cannot come! Not on Saturday! And not on Sunday! Whatever. Something about her aunt, church, and something. I was pissed, but if she didn't want to come, I could not do anything about it.

On Saturday, 2 of them said they don't want to come, and 1 had already gone to some other place. So now, only 2 of us were left. When I asked him, he asked me how much it would cost for 2 of us to get there. I  told him. Then he asked how much it would cost for 3 to get there. I told him. (it is cheaper for group). He said fine. After sometime, he decided that it is not "fun" for 2 people to go to some place. He started thinking if he knew someone else - who could come with us (hoping for group discount). Irritating people. It is not that expensive also. I mean, c'mon, why would I want to go to some place with a stranger because it would be cheaper for me? I told him that it is a dumb idea. That I would rather go with two people and not have fun, instead of going with 3 and not have fun!

So it was decided that he does not like to go to a place, when there are only 2 of us. I said okay. Then I decided to go on my own. I really wanted to see the place, and if they don't want to come, let them not! Why should I depend on them?

And so I did. And I had fun! On my own! I should do this more often.

I was a bit worried that I would get bored, so I even carried a book with me. I didn't even have to use it!

the best thing about going alone was I saw what I wanted to see. I experienced what I wanted to experience. I didn't have to check with others as to what they wanted to do, etc. So, it was nice. Friends were shocked that I actually went alone. And some didn't even believe me. Since I am not the "type" who would do such things. Whatever.

This weekend, plans are to go see Isle of Wight. The place I want to see so badly. But I dont know if these people will come, or not. But I was thinking that even if they don't come, I will go see the place.

Should thank the friend who convinced me to go to the castle alone...

By the way, the place was AMAZING! Will post more about it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its good to do some things alone. I know people who can't do anything alone and I pity them. The place looks good on its Wikipedia article. How about you post some pics?

Freeze said...

Yes, I agree!!

And I posted some pictures!! Nice! :)