08 May 2009

Manchester and York

So! Last weekend I went to Manchester and York. I have friends staying and studying in Manchester and it was fun! It was nice to catch up with them, and hang out with them after such a long time. 

I have been to Manchester before, the last time I was here. And that time I had been to Lake District. This time however, I was not gonna get obsessed with the places I wanted to go and the things that I wanted to do. So this time, my friends decided what we were gonna do. So we went to a place called York! York is a small city, where you can actually see the whole city just by walking. There is not much to see though. We went to Castle Museum, York dungeon (something like scary house) - some ladies were actually screaming there, some park, some memorial. I do not remember half the names though unfortunately. One thing though about UK is , now that summer is here , there are flowers everywhere! And they are these bright flowers, actually puts a smile on your face! 

I very stupidly forgot to take the battery of my camera! The reason though was not my fault - it was entirely my friend's. But still, I should have remembered to take it when I left her home! so all the pics were taken in a camera phone ( 5 mega pixels! Not bad actually!) 

On Sunday I went skiing! In a place with fake snow and fake slopes, of course! It was a training sort of a thing, where the trainer taught us how to put on the skis, how to slide down the slope, etc. I must say, this was totally fun. Would not mind doing it again. The skis are extremely heavy and it feels like you are carrying 2 kgs in your feet. Very weird feeling. Was difficult to walk even!

On Saturday I had vodka. Vodka with sprite. It tasted really really bad. And all I felt was some yucky taste. Didn't get the point at all. I didn't feel drunk at all though. I have no idea why, but all my friends want to see me get drunk. Apparently they want to see what I "really think" - and they think that would come out when I get drunk. But, nothing happened. The only thing is that I slept really well! And I did not want to wake up in the morning at all. No headache, nothing. which is actually a good thing. I didn't wanna get drunk anyways! 

And on Sunday I went to an Art Gallery. For the first time in my life! But I must say, I was largely disappointed! The gallery did not only have paintings, it even had some other stuff as well, like textiles, and some videos, and other. At least I learnt that I do not understand Art! 

This time I am staying in the apartment here with a colleague of mine- who is fond of cooking. At least since I stay with her, I can see her cooking, and now I am satisfied that I can cook for myself if I really wanted to. Cooking seems simple by the way she cooks, though it does not really taste spectacular! I am not complaining though! I have still not reached the stage where I want to cook, but I am glad that I am not as scared of cooking as I was before! 

Work wise, things are hectic. Lots of things that I have to finish off by next week, and it seriously looks difficult! 

I however do not like to work, or discuss about work once I get back to my apartment. But since I stay with one of my colleague, and a friend of hers also comes along. And all they do is get back and talk about work. I do not know what to do! I have tried changing the topic, and yet sometimes they would get their laptops and try to work out logics! Crazy. Once in a while it is ok, but if one does it always, it gets annoying. 

Have not made any plans for this weekend yet, which is sort of sad. I have no idea what to do or what to see. Have to decide tomorrow itself to do something. Do not want to stay at home and do nothing.

No comments: