18 May 2009

Scared

Last week, on a Saturday morning, my sister called me. I cut the call thinking I would call her, since I didn't want my little sister to pay to talk with me! And as soon as I cut it, I got a text from her which just said "Call soon".

This does not happen regularly, and I freaked!! She has never called me from her mobile before since I landed here! So why would she call me? And what was the meaning of the text!

So I got to the phone immediately, took out my calling card and started dialing. Only, the call would not go! I must have dialed the number thrice, and it still did not ring. I did not know if there was a problem with the card, or if she was not picking up, or whatever! And so, by now, I was panicking. So once again I called, and this time she picked.

And all I could hear was her crying on the phone. I did not know or understand what was happening, and I tried to find out if everything was okay. After she finally calmed down, I got to know the story.

She had parked her bike outside a restaurant, and she had gone in to eat with her friend. When she got out, she found out that someone had picked the lock, and had taken out the stuff which she had kept beneath the seat!

So what was the stuff? It was something that I had bought for her a few days back. And, she had just gone shopping, and she had got clothes, which was also taken.

I got really angry (for her scaring me). And some relief. She was feeling bad (and hence the crying) cause someone stole her stuff. She kept crying and asking "how could anyone do this!". And I of course did not have any answers.

anyway, I sort of convinced her to go home. And she let me know that she had already spoken to mom and dad, and they said that they are willing to go shopping with her to replace what was stolen.

Weird that she actually cried. And weird that I freaked out so much!

--

I started writing this last week! And now I finally finished it!
Either I am becoming busy, or lazy.


No comments: