07 June 2006

Remember me?

I don’t know why, but I just can’t remember names. I had thought I could remember faces, if not names, but I guess that’s not true either. Like I found out yesterday. I was in a mall, and this girl comes up to me, all smiling. I thought, ‘maybe she’s smiling at someone behind me’. And then she comes to me, and says, “Recognize me?” I didn’t. And I had no clue what to say! The best I could come up with was, “ummm, no” and give her a stupid grin. Ridiculous, I know. Then she told me her name, and turns out she was my classmate in school. We went to school together for 2 whole years, and I didn’t even recognize her. Then we spoke for like a minute or something, and went on our ways.

Anyway, after she went, one of my friends who was with me started laughing coz I said that I didn’t recognize her! I never know what to say with people I meet after such a long time. I mean, we have not kept in contact all these years coz we weren’t really the best of friends. What do you say? So how are you, what are you up to? That’s it.

So I was in the mall, with all my friends from college. We were celebrating the end of our exams. Promises to meet each other, once a month atleast. I had made these plans when I was in school too. Probably with the girl I met as well. I must have forgotten her name coz I was not really close with her, but still, I could have remembered her face right? But no!! Funny that she could recognize me anyway.

I realized that I don’t really have a contact with all the people from school. I just know what a bunch of people are doing right now. Rest of them, I have no clue. If I see them on the streets, I would probably not recognize them. And they would not recognize me either. In fact, I don’t even remember all of my classmates’ names from school, or from PUC. That just royally sucks.

Exams are over; don’t even ask how it was. Now I have so much time in my hands, I don’t even know what to do!

5 comments:

greensatya said...

Forgetting people is actually a good thing to do.

So exam is over. How was it ?

Why not do some target shooting in your free time like last time ?

:P
:D

Raj said...

That is pretty bad. I mean people might feel bad if u dont recognicse them. But once they reintroduce themselves, you could be really nice to them n ask abt their lives. That wud redeem u :)

But u cant remember everyone so dont feel too bad.

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
and y is forgettin people such a good thing?

u r not supposed to ask how exams went! ughh.. why'd u ask!!

target shooting, can't do. looks like Ms Ash is a little busy. she does not have time to be a target. bad for me :( good for her.

*sigh*

[raj]
yeah its bad ain't it. could make out that she felt bad. damn! :(

i did ask her abt her life. we talked for a minute! :( one whole godamned minute.

Abhinav said...

Not recognizing ppl...happens all the time, i guess it natural to forget names faces if ur not in contact for a loooooooooong time.
Free Time huh? go out in trip and enjoy

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
unfortunately it happens many times to me, not recognizing people :P

trip? planning. dont know if it will happen finally.