17 May 2006

I love nature!

There was a hailstorm here! It was just so awesome... just wow. I'm normally a person, who likes to stay indoors when it rains, just don't like get wet. But today was different.

So today, when it started raining, there was lots of wind. And I thought, oh, just another rainfall. And then, after sometime I started hearing noises like stones hitting the windowpane. And I realized then that it is ice! So I went out to the terrace, to see it fall. Though I was in shelter, as in, I was not getting wet.

But after sometime I saw that the whole area is full of ice. I mean, really, everything was so white, and it was so damn cold too. So I don’t know what happened to me, but I went out of that shelter, carrying an umbrella, coz I didn’t wanna get wet, to where it was raining.

Why I went is coz I wanted to take photos. It was like snow! So what if there is no snow in Bangalore, atleast we have something that looks like snow!!! Yeah, I know you all are thinking, so dumb, but I don’t care! Whoooo!!

So I took photos, and then I collected some ice. This I have stored it in the freezer. Don’t know why I took it, but something made me to it. Oh, and when I was standing there collecting ice, my mom and dad came out as well, and started taking pictures! So weird!

After sometime walking in the ice with the umbrella, I got bugged of it. Kept the umbrella, and was just walking in the ice. Damn it was cold. Duh! At that time though there was just a small drizzle.

I can’t believe I actually went out and stood out when it was raining, and that too for so long. That is so unlike me.

Its not like I have not seen hail before. I have. But today I was totally out of my mind!! I don’t know what came over me. If only there was more brightness, it would have been more fun. It was so dark, and there was no power as well. So we could just hear and feel the rain and ice fall down. But it was just so awesome! I’m so excited for no reason!

I don’t remember doing all this even when I was a kid. God! I actually collected ice!

Anyways, here’s a picture I took. Not clear at all. Coz it was so damn dark..

In the center, everything that is white, it the ice. Rest is the grass.

8 comments:

greensatya said...

Wow, the picture is fantastic. Seems the ice got you all excited. :)

I guess rains of this kind are always welcome

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
thanks. yup, the ice DID excite me!!

hehe... i welcomed it coz i was at home. if i were to be stuck somewhere in traffic, i wud have been cursing it :P

Anonymous said...

WOW ... SNOW in Bangalore !! enjoy madi ...

Y said...

Me missed the spectacle. zzzzing.

And jungle boy's here too

Raj said...

Whoa! When did this happen?

It either didn't happen in my area or I missed it.

What time was it?

Actually, my idea of enjoying the rain involves sitting comfortably in a room (with no power cut) and watching the rain fall outside thru a window or door or terrace or balcony or whatever.

Abhinav said...

i love nature too i went out and get drenched on thursday evening .. i just love to go out in the rains :)

Sara said...

it was great...i was actually in the cab when it started "hailstorming" and there was all this noise on the roof of the vehicle...i tried putting my hand out and catching a few but cudnt ;)

Freeze said...

[anon]
hehe, yeah snow! i did enjoy!

[sher]
too bad u missed it. and how do u know that it is the 'jungle boy'?!

[raj]
it happened in the evening around 7 i guess. not sure of the time. and i think it happened throughout bangalore, coz my friend who stays in the opp side of bangalore from where i stay, also had the hailstorm.

my idea of enjoyin the rain is the same too, well, actually i dont enjoy the rains, but if i had to, it wud be sitting inside.

[abhinav]
yeah, sometimes rains are nice :)

[sara]
haha, too bad u cud not go out of yr cab to catch a few :)