09 May 2006

Boo!

Ughh what a day… I had my seminar for the project today, and I was sort of prepared for it (I can’t say that I was well prepared, you see? Coz I wasn’t). Anyway, since the seminar was in the afternoon, I had enough time in the morning to get prepared. So my whole batch decided to meet up in college and do the preparation together.

So I go to college, with full enthusiasm, coz I was just waiting to give the seminar and get it over with. I reach college and see that they have put up the marks for the technical seminar, that we had given almost a month back. And I saw that I got a 43! FORTY-THREE! Wtf! This was out of 50. And I thought I had done well in the seminar? Then I see the marks of others and see that the highest is 50, and the lowest is somewhere around 40… so I am somewhere near the bottom. I’m so far down, that I don’t even know what ‘up’ is! Wtf?

This totally ruined my day, coz I saw that other people who didn’t even finish their seminar, coz they were stammering so much, have got 47s and 48s, and I am stuck in 43. Yeah. That’s 43. Four three. Ughh.

So I was sitting in the lab of my dept, thinking why I got so less. And I got no answer. And this made me realize that I would probably get less in the seminar that I had to give today as well. So I lost all the enthusiasm to prepare for it. And when I went and gave the seminar too, I know I didn’t give my best there, coz I sort of knew that whatever I did, I would end up with something less.

Whatever. As soon as the seminar got over, I just came back home. Switched on the computer, and had just started to read my mails, and started to browse, that it started raining. And obviously when it starts raining, the power HAS to go. Yeah, that’s a rule- the power has to go. Too bad you didn’t know. Atleast you know now right? Be happy.

So since the power went, what could I do? Study? Naah… I decided to sit in the balcony and listen to music and watch the rainfall. And I was actually enjoying the rain. Yeah, you read that right! I ENJOYED the rain. Well, atleast for 15 minutes anyway. Oh well, so I was sitting there, and what was I thinking? Duh! The seminar marks. I’m just so bugged that I got so less. It is so damn discouraging. It would have been so better if they had not put up the marks at all. I must actually be really, really to get so less.

Anyway, when someone is thinking so much, you should NOT listen to songs that have lyrics like “I think I’m dumb, I think I’m dumb”. So that was what I was listening to. Nirvana, and coldplay. But after listening to “dumb, I decided to listen to only coldplay. And today, I realized that I just love this song called “Amsterdam”. I mean, I didn’t realize it till now! Weird huh? And this song is there with me, since ever! It must be the rains or something, coz of which I liked it so much.

Oh, and lyrics are just awesome of Amsterdam…

And time is on your side now.

12 comments:

Raj said...

Why did u get only 43??

U shud find that out. Go ask the guy who gave you just 43 abt it.
Its ur final year. You could do it.

And i hate the rain = no power rule.

greensatya said...

Actually it is good that power goes off when it is raining or thunderstorm. Remember last year a kid got killed in Indiranagar due to electrocution !

And that marks thing was sad. Poor you!

Freeze said...

[raj]
yeah, thats the big question. Why I got 43! have to go find out, but it wont be of any use, coz they will not increase my marks anyway. so there is no point in asking. even if i ask, i will get some lame reason, which i really dont wanna hear.

haha, unfortunately the rule exists.

[greensatya]
yeah, its good. sure. but they can give us the power as soon as it stops raining, and not make us wait for an hour.
yeah... sad. thats what it was.

Abhinav said...

43/50 thats not bad .. ah well i remembered my frustration when i got 45/50 and the guy next to me got 48/50 .. We always want more than what we have already got :)

its raining in Blore .. wtf? i am here in delhi with sweat running all over hope it rains till Monday.. i like to get drenched in the first showers :)

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
yeah, its true... we always want more than what we have.

yup, raining in bangalore. it rained yesterday as well... and it seems like its gonna rain now. and what u doing in delhi!! i thot u were in bangalore!

Y said...

I dont think you or one shud get bugged with marks. They(marks) in some respect are always false.

U know if a case arises where everyone gets the marks in the same range. Say if most ppl in u r class got in the range 45-50. U shud actually rejoice that the teacher gave you 43. Because you perhaps were different enough or creative enuf to have not followed the other monkeys in following the set norms which pleased the teacher awarding the marks.

Koi Pahailee said...

Yeah i know how sad it is...
in this age..when it rains...the power has to go!
and even when it doesnot rain...
anyways...tough times come so that you test yourself and become stronger. This experience is called LIFE! Expect bad times in life and expect that they will make you better and stronger!

cheers:)
btw nice song line:)

Abhinav said...

i am real jealous that its raining in Blore :(

Freeze said...

[sher]
The reason why i dint get marks was coz she dint like me. probably coz i dont go and praise her everytime. but thats ok. i dont think i cud do that even if i wanted to.. life goes on. sigh.

[KP]
Ok, so life sucks. what else is new.? I've to expect some more bad times!! this just sucks!!!

i guess it did make me stronger. now i dont expect anything from that teacher (who's a dumbass)

Yeah, song is awesome :)... i listened to it SO many times! hehehe

[abhinav]
oh.. and the weather is awesome too !:P Dont worry, it'l rain in delhi someday.

Someday> This is the keyword!! hehehe...

eat ice creams. best time to eat them in summer in delhi!!

Abhinav said...

yea it rained in Delhi last nite. Alas! i had to come back this mrng :(, yea i had lots of icecreams :)

Akanksha said...

sorry abt ur marks thing.. i also had really sucky teachers who gav marks to their fav students not on merit :(

and iLOVE the rains..with or without power

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
cool, its raining everyday here. So enjoy :)

[akanksha]
yeah some teachers are real irritating. cant do anythin abt it :(

nice, so u like rains. Almost everyone does, dont know y.