14 November 2005

Funny classmate

This happened in college a few days back:

We were all talking about Google earth, and I was telling how I saw my house in it. So this classmate of mine (who's not really dumb, well, you can say she is not computer literate...lol. ), asks me how to install it in the computer etc, etc.. So I told her.

She went back home.
She "tried" to install it.
She FINALLY installed it.
And she calls me.

Friend: Hey, I can see the globe. Now what to do?
Me (really bored): You have to zoom in.
Friend: How??
Me: You see the plus sign there?
Friend:Yeah
Me: click on it...
Friend: Oh. ok

So she puts the phone down. And I guess she tried it out.
Later (after about 10 minutes) she calls me again!

Friend: Hey I'm not finding my house da.
Me: huh???
Friend: I'm not finding my house!!!
Me: I dunno where you stay so I can't really tell you.
Friend (very disappointed): Oh ok...

And the phone is put down.

Next day she comes to me and says, "Thanks for telling me all about it... it was really cool". So I said that it was not a problem. Then she tells me that she finally found her house. And then she told me: (get this!), "It was so real. I told my brother to go on the terrace and wave.If I had a high tech computer, I could have seen him !!!!"

Yeah! I died laughing!

2 comments:

Raj said...

You need to cut her some slack. She went from not knowing how to zoom in to locating her house in few mins, after all and its partially your fault too. You could have told her that its not a live feed :D

Freeze said...

Well, it was not really a few mins.. it was more like a whole day!

And, i assumed that she knew that it was not a live feed. I thought EVERYONE knew. haha.. was funny anyways.

Thanks for reading.. :)