05 February 2009

Grammy awards

This time there are so many songs that I like which have been nominated for Grammy awards! So this list contains few songs and albums that I really like listening to.

Record Of The Year and Best Rock Album AND Album Of The Year -- Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Gosh, I just love this album. Coldplay is so amazing. I just feel like listening to the songs over and over again. And I can keep doing this the whole day, or the whole week! My favourite songs - Viva La Vida, Death and all his friends, Life in technicolor (it is instrumental in the album, but however I have seen a version of it in a video with lyrics!), Violet hill, Cemeteries of London. I know there are too many songs listed, but I can't just pick one or two!

Album Of The Year  and Best Alternative Music Album --  In Rainbows - Radiohead
I just discovered RadioHead last year. Their songs are totally different, they sound simply amazing.

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
    I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
    Closer by Ne-Yo
These two songs I have listened on the radio, and I keep waiting for the radio to play them. I guess it is mostly the tune that I like, more than anything else.

Apologize by OneRepublic . This song is nominated for Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals. I want them to win!

Disturbia by Rihanna. Nominated for Best Dance Recording. I usually don't like Rihanna's songs, but this one is just addictive! After listening to this song, I actually downloaded few more songs from her album, and I must say they are incredible. A song called Umbrella which used to irritate me SO much initially sounds good now? crazy.

Well, I hope they all win! I just realised that most of the songs I like are songs where I could sing along. (Not that I sing along, or anything. But atleast I have the option. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life in a Technicolor comes quite often these days. I seem to notice some Indian influence in the video.

One Republic is becoming better, remember their last song- Stop & Stare

Rihanna, I liked her songs even when she was not famous. Again, her one of the first " Unfaithful"

I'm Yours, guess will be the most perky song for the year..

Things look good on the music scene, no recession here..

And yeah, Radiohead is on my list of favourite bands :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, can never get enough of music!