28 July 2007

The stupid things I do in a week

Lose my Form 16. Wow! This was so stupid, that I don’t even know where to begin! For you to really understand how I can lose it, I must start from the beginning.

I got my Form 16, and I got it home safely, without even a small fold in the papers. I keep it in the table, where all the newspapers and other papers are kept. I tell dad that I have got my form 16, and he gives a very long lecture on how to save money, and blah blah, things I really don’t wanna listen to at 10 in the night. And then, I go to bed and have a very nice sleep, completely forgetting the form16 which is lying with all the newspapers.

Days go by, and I am in blissful ignorance that we are required to submit the form 16 along with some other papers before july 31st. I get mails in the office which tells me all the papers that I need. And Form 16 is one of them. No worries. I don’t have to do anything since I don’t have to pay any tax. Right? WRONG!!

Apparently you HAVE to do it. You don’t really have a choice. Just do it. Ugh. So anyways, I go home, ask mom and dad where my form 16 is. Mom said it is with dad, and dad said it is with me, and someone said it’s with someone else. Oh whatever. No one had it. That’s the point. So no one has it. Mom said “You must have lost it”.

Me, someone who has not lost even a single eraser lost something so important? (The only other thing that I remember losing is my hall ticket during engineering. Maybe that will be a whole different post. But other than these two things, I have not lost anything I don’t lose things. I can’t be SO irresponsible! Strange that I should lose ONLY important things)

So I search for the Form 16 for 4 whole days, looking through every single piece of paper in the house. I even found my dad’s form 16, all neatly filed. When I found dad’s file, I was so furious. Could he not tell me that it is important? I would have kept it safely then. I know it’s a lame excuse.

Oh well, after 4 days, my mom found it! Yay!! What a relief. But I still can’t get over the fact that I was so stupid. I am pretty sure that I will not lose anything like this ever again. I better be sure!

Yeah, so I am too lazy to type all the stupid things I do. ( I have many. Hmmm, maybe I can start a tag. *evil laughter* Maybe I will do that someday)

By the way, I dont know what the hell is wrong with my internet connection. Every ten mins I get disconnected! What the hell? I don't know if some setting changed, or if there is some issue with the connection itself. VERY annoying!!!

9 comments:

greensatya said...

It happens, you can be excused cause this was your first form-16. You won't lose it next time when you feel the pinch of taxes.

Keep the crazy stories coming !

Freeze said...

but isn't it easier to lose the form 16 when you feel the pinch of taxes? I mean, you know you lost so much money, so instead of mourning that, you just lose th form 16 itself! hahaha!

Crazy Stories!! hehe

Nave said...

yeah.. its somthig stupid things v all do.. whn v hav that v dont even bother to tak care ..whn v lost tat v start searching as if v cant leav without that..
BTW even i lost my second company form 16.. now i submitted only wiht first comapny form 16.. any ways u lucky u got it..

greensatya said...

When you have paid the tax, you need to see the proof of it. So people don't let go the form 16.

Freeze said...

[nave]
weird that there is someone else also who loses their form16.. hehe

[greensatya]
whatever. depends on how you see it. Right?

XVSA013 said...

you can get another one from your company. dont worry it happens.

Freeze said...

read the post carefully. I got the form 16 back. my mom found it!

XVSA013 said...

oops ... sorry.

Raj said...

Hmm, even I payed nothing in the first financial year of my job. And I didn't even submit the form 16 coz i thought I didn't have to. I still have it with me :D