30 July 2007

The stupid things I do in a week - Part 2

Lose/Forget my passwords(and everything important) Till last week, I used to download all my mails to my computer using outlook mails. Outlook mail is very useful when one has many mail ids. (like me). Don’t ask why I have many though. So the good part is that I can read all my mails at once, without having to enter the password again and again. AND all the mails are read from the same place. If one wants to read the mail again, you don’t have to open the mail, which saves time too.

So this outlook mail can be used for many things. For saving some important mails, for saving passwords, writing blogs, saving links, and whatever jazz is required. This is extremely useful when many people use the same computer and things have to be saved. (Like links to blogs – useful coz people at home don’t know about the existence of your blog.)

So what’s the stupid thing I did? Yeah, a week back, my dad called a guy to add extra disk drives. So what does this guy do? He decides to clean up all the other drives present. He asked my sister who was at home if he can do it. My sister asks me if any backup is required. I said no, coz none of my things are present in c drive. My sister gave the OK, and he cleaned it up.

I come home, and try to open outlook, which I can’t. The user itself is deleted!!! So every bloody thing that I saved is lost. It is still lost by the way. I tried looking for the backup files. But none are available. You get backup files only if you save it. (Duh!!) And since it was not saved, it’s all gone.

Damn stupid. I know.

8 comments:

Abhinav said...

it happens thats why i dont trust computers and not to mention the computer man .. ironic isnt :)

greensatya said...

1. The settings should be such that mails are present in the webmail as well as outlook mail id.

2. Pulling mails in outlook just eats up your local disk space, hence it is not advisable.

3.Shit happens !

XVSA013 said...

lol ... have fun.

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
well, it would not have happened if I had thought a little.

[greensatya]
1. This setting is not possible in all the web clients.
2. I guess. I am not doing it again anyways.
3. Sigh! yeah.

[mowgli]
FUN!!? huh? As if! I lost my netbanking password man! Fun! totally!

XVSA013 said...

lol ... now your money is safe. :p

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
money is safe.. not really. Sigh!
ATM is there na :P

XVSA013 said...

there is no part 3?

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
The blog coming in Turkish could be part 3...