20 August 2007

Say what?

I want to write so many things, I don’t know where to start! I am in Turkey! Yeah, that’s right, Turkey! First time away from my family, first time I got out of India, first time will be staying alone for so many days! So many first times. This is so cool!

I traveled alone. And I managed it, I’m happy.

I am in Turkey!

Holy Crap!!

Yeah, I am still not over it! I don’t know how long it will take even.

So it has been a week since I landed here, and everything has been going great. But everyone here (who is from India and working here, like me) crib a lot. They crib about everything... the heat (it’s really hot!), the food (tough for veggies), and staying in this place. For me, it’s been fine (maybe coz I just got here). I just miss my morning coffee! Food is a little tough, but I like bread, so I can manage with anything. I just don’t see the point of cribbing so much. The effect of all this cribbing may eventually make me start cribbing too. I mean, I like this place now, but I am afraid I may start hating everything about it, if I hear that everyone hates it. Hmmm…

The days are long here. That will need some getting used to. It would be 8 in the night and still bright, like 5 in the evening in Bangalore! One night, around 10 my friends and I walked around for almost half an hour. That’s the time when it is cool. That was so good though, if I were to be in India, my mom would have freaked if I walked out the house at that time! Now she does not know :P

6 comments:

XVSA013 said...

good to know you are enjoying there ... turkey is a good country to travel around. have fun :)

greensatya said...

Glad to know that you are enjoying your time in Turkey.

Please write more details as to how you understood, why people dislike Bangalore, etc?

keep the posts coming.

Go to Antalya and do the hot air balloon thing.

Anonymous said...

[mowgli]
Yeah, lots of fun.

[greensatya]
I understood why people dislike Bangalore?? what???

Antalya... maybe.

Raj said...

Hmm! Turkey!! Thats a little surprising bcos Turkey isn;t usually a country people visit for work. But thats whats great!! Where in Turkey are you? Istanbul? That's a great place!!

I understand what you feel right now about everyone hating the place. Just don't let their thoughts and feelings bother you.

Oh, and don't forget to visit my log in a brand new avatar, Rhythmic Dissonance.

Abhinav said...

Great... write more about it .. yea its tough for veggies everywhere so i say why wait savor the local delicacies. Have Fun!

Freeze said...

[raj]
Naah, not in Istanbul. In a better place. A nice one :)

[abhinav]
yeah will write now... savor the local delicacies?? Everything is non-veg!!! Sigh!!