14 January 2007

Guru

The story of a boy who fails his exams. The boy who goes out of his village on his own for his first job. The boy who quits his job because he wants to make his own business. The story of how his father told him not to dream, but he did. The boy who would do anything (either by hook or by crook), so that he becomes successful. The story of the boy who wants his company to be the biggest in the country, and then the world. The boy is Guru Kant Desai.

And Guru is Abhishek Bachchan. Who is just brilliant in the movie! Who knew he could act that well!! His wife is Aishwarya Rai, who, in the movie, loves to dance. She dances when it rains, when she leaves her husband, when her husband comes to get her. She just dances. God knows why!

There is nothing good about the movie though, except Abhishek, and one song. There were some stupid songs that should not have been there in the first place. Suddenly a song would start, which completely bored me.

There is no point of telling the story here, if anyone wants to know the story, they might as well watch the movie. For me though, the ending was a disappointment. Perhaps, the director forgot what the movie was all about. Or maybe, he forgot the others in the movie, except for Abhishek. The ending makes no sense at all to me. The second half of the movie aimed at telling something, but it finally becomes something else. Or maybe, that was how I interpreted it. If it was a good movie, everything must have been clear in the end. But it was not.

Oh well, Abhishek was great. Need I say that again?

18 comments:

greensatya said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck-yuck.
I can't imagine someone can watch a Bollywood flick ! and more than that, come and do a review of it as well !!!
beats me!
yuck, yuck, yuck-yuck

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
It is MY blog, isn't it?
And you would not know why I went to watch that movie anyways.

Freeze said...

[greensatya]
It is MY blog, isn't it?
And you would not know why I went to watch that movie anyways.

greensatya said...

What ? wasn't one reply enough for you ?

Freeze said...

No, one reply would not drive in the point, you see?

Or will I have to write another one?

greensatya said...

Yeah, write couple more replies and be MORE rude. That should bulldoze the point, I guess.

Freeze said...

ha! That was NOT rude, at all! If you are perceiving it to be rude, it ain't my fault.

And since I will have to write a 'couple more replies', it shows that two replies were not enough. So well, here's another one.

Anonymous said...

satya ... u deserve it

Freeze said...

[anon]
WHO are you!!

Anonymous said...

me

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
great, and yeah, he really deserves it. I dont know why, but ok.
haha

Anonymous said...

hey
i dint even know that u have started writing after that long break
:P
will read the post now

Raj said...

I saw Guru too and it was okay. The end was really bad. Not convincing at all. Plus I hate Aishwarya. She doesn't even know how to act old!!

Freeze said...

[KP]
yeah, thats how I am. I am fully enthusiastic about writing once, and the next week I have nothing to write!!

[raj]
yeah, Ash completely sucked. They should have made her grow fat for the movie (in the end atleast.)

One thing about the movie though is that I didnt get bored!

Anonymous said...

lousy movie...

but Ash rocks.

Sara said...

hi...wen my blog was sleeping...there seem to have lots of boy-girl fights happening ;)...just joking...

i dint see the movie...but heard the review..."not like a Maniratnam movie at all"...but must say that shud not underrate his talent...watch his old movies to know his class...

Nave said...

hi...

actually i dont want to do any comment on this..

but i wanted to say thanks for u r savandurga blog...

actully i miss that infact i searched for a while but didnt got.. it..
so i am wrinting here..

i am planning to this weekend..
wanted to knw about savandurga..
u r blog gave that..

thanks a lot

Unknown said...

a watchable movie nthing great abt .. yea abhishek was good in the movie