09 February 2006

Freaky Tuesday

Yeah, I know its not Tuesday. I had written this 2 days back, and I thought I had saved it; apparently I didn’t. So it is not as detailed as it was before. I’m too lazy to type the whole thing again.

My sister (yes, I have a sister!) and me decided to go shopping two days back. We hopped into the sad two-wheeler of mine and started off. Now, ya’ll know how bad the roads are, I don’t really have to spell that out. Me (and my great brain) decided to take a short cut, so that I could beat the bad traffic. Unfortunately the road that I chose had more of potholes than the road it self.

With my sister cribbing about the roads, and me telling her to shut up, we moved on. As I was maneuvering the potholes, suddenly the kinetic just started going ahead, without me accelerating it! I mean, I was just pressing the brakes as tightly as I can, and the stupid thing was going fast? What the…

And as I was trying to stop the vehicle, what exactly does my sister do? She laughs. Yes, and uncontrollably at that. Anyway, I switched off the vehicle and stopped on the road. My sister is still laughing. I ask her, what’s so funny? No reply. Why? Coz she’s laughing.

So I am wondering what to do. And the sister comes up with a brilliant idea. Take it to a service station. They’ll tell you what to do.

Problem? The service station is almost 2 kilometers away. So I told her to go home walking and decided to try to go there on the kinetic. And weirdly, when I started it, it was fine! So I told my sister to sit, and we were off again. We reached a signal, and we were waiting for it to become green. And some guy from behind started honking repeatedly. It was getting on my nerves, so I turned back and looked at him. My sister was laughing again. He was gesturing something wildly, which of course I did not understand. Finally, my sister got what he was saying. The air in the tire was less.

So we took a deviation. Reached a petrol bunk after a kilometer. Put air. Off again. Finally. I was hoping that nothing else would happen.

And then what happens? Yup, a puncture. It had to happen, didn’t it? (She was laughing again. I guess some crazy bug bit her.) So then we had to push the kinetic till the nearest repair shop, which was, like half a kilometer away. Not really far, but it seemed very heavy and the road was a little uphill. Both of us were pushing it. Taking a lot of breaks in the middle. And I realized that I was so not fit. And it was so damn hot.

Got the puncture repaired. After an hour that is. Why you ask? Yeah, because it was lunch hour. Finally we went back home, coz we were really tired of the whole thing.

This is again a post that makes no sense at all. Just want to remember it as the days go by… I just realized that I am not weird, but all the weird things happen to me!

23 comments:

Akanksha said...

i think u hav been the victim of murphy's law
Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.. dnt sweat it kid.. smday everything that can go wrong will go right!.. and this law i christen it as Akanksha's law!!
i am so full of myself today! he he he ;D

Freeze said...

[akanksha]
hehe.. nice law. i hope 1 day it comes true for me.

not a big deal tho, the day was over, and i am still in one piece. well, almost :)

greensatya said...

Damn, it was a real bad day for you. Bad things happenings in succession. This is exactly Murphy's law as Akanksha said.

But 'freeze' I really feel sorry for you. I guess your sis is younger than you. Younger ones are carefree when in company of their older siblings so she was laughing, nothing wrong about it.

And no one needs to say anything about B'lore traffic. The other day I was showing Bangalore in Google Earth to a Finn colleague and guess what? All the roads were showing massive traffic jams. I can't forget that damn Richmond Road, you won't be able to get through until the traffic light gets green twice ! phew, happy to be not in Bangalore traffic for the time being....

there is a choice, either be weird or let weird things happen to you :p

And what's up with blogger these days ? Why it is giving so much of pain? Does not shows comments, or if shows comments does not mails them. Many times the blog does not get published as well.

Hope you have better days going forward.

Freeze said...

yeah, was a bad day alright. but am happy that its over.

yeah, younger sis. have no idea wat got into her. i was wondering wat to do, and she was laughin like hell. Nothing wrong i guess.. but i just dint find any humour in it. :)

bangalore traffic really sucks. totally agree.

ah.. i dont know.. weird or weird stuff. tough choice. how abt neither?

yeah, blogger is gone crazy. half the time the blogs dont even open. forget abt being published.

thanks :) days will b better .. cant get any worse than this!

XVSA013 said...

Green - ur comment is longer than the post itself :p

Freeze - Murphy came visiting ...looks like he had nice day in office ... i wonder why your sister was laughing??? ...

Raj said...

wow, that was a bad day.

It is very difficult to push a vehicle with a punctured tyre. I have done that once too.

And dont get me started on Blr's traffic!

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
nice day in office? y office?

my sis.. she was laughing at me, coz i was so confused. i guess she never saw me that way. i mean, i had no clue what to do. my brain was just not working!!

[raj]
it was not that bad... i've had worse :(

somehow the vehicle is heavy without proper tires.

blr's traffic. i can go on and on writing abt it. really irritating. some ppl are just so crazy, that they start honking in traffic signals when it is red. i just feel like slappin them.

Koi Pahailee said...

hehehehehe!
y was ur sister lafing??

Y said...

First of all Mowgli, I love u r comments. Why r u after Satya?

Freeze, I think its the same ghost from your mobile phone.

Freeze said...

[koi pahailee]
thats how my sis is!! she can laugh at anything. to b honest, i wud have laughed at her too if we had swapped places. but i wud nt have laughed SO much. :)

[sher]
yeah, probably the ghost. so now i am haunted by ghosts. wonderful!

Abhinav said...

real fuuny i must say i hope u got a lesson.. check everything (i mean evrything) is working fine and is in order before u leave home :)

greensatya said...

Mowgli - I guess 'freeze' has no issues with my 'long' comments :d, so chill.

Freeze- when the tyre gets punctured, you can keep the engine 'on', put it in first gear and with minimal acceleration, walk with it. God forbid if you have flat tyre again, but if it happens then do this.

XVSA013 said...

well, considering "freeze 2" (your sis) too was part of the whole episode ... and to laugh at it, as it happens ... well, you need nerves.

last time i had to push 2-wheeler, it was on a mountain :-( ... and if someone had found that funny, then mowgli wud have jumped off the cliff ... (with the laughing guy in tow)

Sher - He deserves it ...:p

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
but i dont even know what exactly to check before leaving home!

[greensatya]
y dint i think of that!!

Freeze said...

[mowgli]
it seemed like a mountain anyway when we were pushing it. and i wish i cud have pushed her off somewhere. luckily we were not on a cliff ;-)

greensatya said...

Mowgli- So let's have it, let me laugh at you and see who falls the cliff.

Abhinav said...

well in ur case u shud have checked the condition of ur two-wheeler..air pressure in tyres , horn etc.....abt others i was refering my case i check to carry my brain whenever i leave home :)

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
yeah, i can plan to check all that, but i know myself. i'l do that once, maybe twice. but after that back to square one.

air pressure in tires eh. u really think i KNOW how to do that! wow

Anonymous said...

Hi..

Thanks to stop by on my blog...thanks!!

So you like keith Urban also with John Mayer!!

I didnt listen too much of coldplay, I like their "parachut"
esp. the guitar there in that song..

Hope to hear you more..
Roy

Freeze said...

[roy]
i have not really listened to a lot of Keith Urban. i just saw one of his performances. and i liked it. so i've basically just listened to ONE song of his :)

but yeah, like john mayer.

Abhinav said...

@freeze when u drive for long time u tend to know is there smthin wrong in ur vehicle or not ... i used to unfortunately i became comp. engg instead of mech. engineer :)

XVSA013 said...

Abinav - there are some mechanical engineers who ended up as comp engineers

Freeze said...

[abhinav]
i guess so. shud pay more attention frm now.